top of page

UIUC Resources

Updated: Aug 23, 2020

Navigating through college can be a bit overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, it gets much easier. Here are some helpful links/resources to get you through your first few weeks as a student: (*=important)

General Resources for Students can be found here, however, more in-depth information is provided below.


COVID-19 Resources:

Visit McKinley Patient Health Portal for Test Results

Download Safer Illinois app for pandemic resources

Pandemic Updates

Building entry access pass

On Campus Testing Locations and Day/Times


Technology Services



Everything you basically need that involves school is on Self-Service (i.e. personal information, financial aid, registration and records, account billing, graduation)

Under each tab you can view/access different things

  • Personal Information: Can view Address and Phones, Email Address, Emergency Contacts, Legal Name, etc

  • Financial Aid: Can view Scholarship Letter, Financial Aid Summary, Cost of Attendance, Student Requirements, College Financing Plan, Education Loan History

  • *Under “Financial Aid Notification” you can accept/decline financial aid, loans, federal work study or request changes. It is important to do so during the spring semester once letters are released.

  • Registration and records: Can view Registration and Grades

  • *Registering for courses: Enhanced Registration>Register for Classes>Select term>Enter course number/title/CRN>Search>Add course>Submit

  • *Weekly schedule: Classic Registration>Student Schedule-Week at a Glance

  • Student Records and Transcripts: Can view Student Information, Holds, Grades, Transcripts

  • Account billing: Can view 1098-T Tax Info, Student Account, Direct Deposit, Holds

  • *Billing/Balance information: Acknowledge that payments are due on the 28th of each month and then press continue>Student Account>Student Account Activity>Pay bills if needed

  • *Click on “Direct Deposit” in order to receive any refunds directly into your bank account

  • Graduation: Can view Graduation Information, Applying to Graduate


Degree Audit:

After you log-in, click “Request Audit”>“Run-Declared Programs”>“View Audit”. This page will show every class you have taken or are in the process of taking and will show what courses are required for graduation. Depending on your college and major, there will be certain general education courses that you need to take and courses specific to your major or minor. This is the easiest way to keep track of what you need to complete each requirement.


Course Explorer:

You can view every course offered at the university every year and semester. You can also view the general education requirements needed to graduate. When you click on the course you can access the CRN which can be used when you register for classes.



Depending on your course, your professor may use these links for the course page. In order to sign-in, you need to use your NetID and password. You should be able to find the courses you are registered for under some variation of “Courses” on the website.

Grades are usually posted within the course pages above, but some professors may upload grades using this link:


Career Center:

This center is extremely helpful for assistance in writing resumes, cover letters, personal statements etc. You can make an appointment and meet with someone to go over anything you need to prepare you for your job/internship. Several workshops are also held.

  • 715 S Wright St, Champaign, IL 61820

  • (217) 333-0820



*Student Health Insurance: Every student is provided health insurance but you may be charged if you do not have enough financial aid. If you wish to waive/opt out of Student Health Insurance you need to do so by a certain time period. If you do not opt out you will be charged. If you do not owe any money, you will receive a refund after you opt out.

McKinley Health Center:

  • 1109 S Lincoln Ave, Urbana, IL 61801

  • Can schedule appointments, ask questions etc

  • *It is best to schedule an appointment to avoid any conflicts with the workers there*

Carle Foundation Hospital:

  • 611 W. Park St., Urbana, IL 61802

  • (217) 383-3311

OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center:

Counseling Center:

  • Turner Student Services Building, 610 E John St, Champaign, IL 61820

  • (217) 333-3704

Planned Parenthood- Champaign Health Center:

  • 302 E Stoughton St Suite #2, Champaign, IL 61820

  • (217) 359-8022



Reporting Sexual Misconduct:

Crime Reporting:

Safe Walks: call to have a walking buddy for safety (217) 333-1216

Safe Rides: call to have a ride for safety (217) 265-RIDE (7433)


Dean of Students Office:

  • 300 Turner Student Services Building, 610 E John St, Champaign, IL 61820

  • (217) 333-0050


Financial Aid Office:

  • Student Services Arcade Building next to Illini Union Bookstore, 620 E John St, Champaign, IL 61820

  • (217) 333-0100


Office of Minority Student Affairs:

This office provides assistance and services for minority students within the university.

  • 130 Turner Student Services Building, 610 E John St, Champaign, IL 61820

  • (217) 333-0054


Cultural Houses and Resource Centers:

These cultural houses and centers allow for a safe and inclusive space for anyone.


Ethnic Studies Departments:

You can major or minor in any of these programs, there are also many resources within these departments.


Registered Student Organizations:

RSOs are a great way to meet new people with similar interests! There are over 1,600 student organizations at U of I!

RSO office:

  • Second level south wing of Illini Union, 1401 W Green St, Urbana, IL 61801

  • (217) 244-2357


#UIUCUnfiltered #Editorials #Resources

81 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page